Recipe: Piña Colada Cookies
Summary: November 28 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! One of my favorite people in the world, Jenny Thomas, shares this recipe she got from her dad. “My dad's name is James Swinger. I'm sure he didn't invent this recipe--but he was always scouting! I'll bet he got it from a newspaper somewhere.” He sounds like my kind of guy!
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 2-3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Cream butter and sugar. Gradually add eggs and rum extract.
- Add pineapple and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- Gradually add coconut.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Glaze while still warm.
This is a cakey, delicate cookie. The glaze should be thin enough to drizzle on, not spread. Otherwise, the cookie will break apart. The rum flavoring is essential... in my opinion.
Microformatting by hRecipe.