Jewish Apple Cake
Why do you suppose this is Jewish Apple Cake? I’ve asked around and the only reason I can come up with is the addition of orange juice. Who knew? What? You want that I should know everything about baking?
- 3-4 apples, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Juice from one orange (¼ - ½ cup, approximate)
- Combine cinnamon and sugar. Toss diced apples in cinnamon sugar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend oil, sugar eggs and orange juice together.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to sugar/egg mixture.
- Gently fold in apples. Bake in greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan for 60-70 minutes at 325°.
Preparation time_ 15 minute(s)
Cooking time_ 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12