Recipe: Homemade Oreos
Summary: December 15 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! This recipe comes from Jaime Cavanaugh. My family will eat anything that comes out of her kitchen… which is saying something. We have been the lucky recipients of many cookies from Jaime, and I’m uniquely qualified to proclaim that the woman has skills! Thanks for all the cookies, Jaime and for sharing this recipe with me.
- 1 - 18.25 ounce devil's food cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powder sugar
- Mix all ingredients together. Form into little balls (I usually use my cookie scoop)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350°.
- Let them cool before adding the filling. You can dust the cookies with powder sugar.
- Filling: Whip the butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and powder sugar.
- Drop a small spoonful on the bottom side of a cookie then top with another cookie.
- Store them in the fridge or freezer stacked between wax paper.
- I have had them with a butter cream frosting and they are just as yummy.
- I double the cookies (not the filling)