Recipe: Date Balls
Summary: December 1 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! My friend, Debi Dommer, and I were young moms once, in Naperville, Illinois. Now, we’re grandmas and we LOVE it!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 egg - well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- 2 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Powdered sugar
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and add sugar and dates. Bring to a boil and let thicken.
- In a small bowl, add a small amount of the sugar/date mixture to the beaten egg, stirring vigorously. Once the egg is well incorporated, you can add a little more of the sugar/date mixture, stirring well.
- Add that mixture to the sauce pan, along with the vanilla and salt. Cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add rice krispies and nuts. Stir until all is well mixed.
- Form into balls and roll in powdered sugar.