Recipe: Chocolate Snowflake Cookies
Summary: December 4 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! This recipe comes from my good, good friend, DeNiel Husted. For the last 13 years, DeNiel and I have shared some of the best and some of the hardest times of my life. She’s a great example of what a woman should be_ giving, talented, kind, humble, gracious, capable and lovely. She would not agree with this assessment, but DeNiel, totally, has her act together. She is the mom of four beautiful daughters and wife to the very lucky, Kevin. I love her and miss her like crazy!
- ¼ cup salad oil
- 2 squares chocolate (1 ounce each)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- I took one look at this recipe and decided the quantities were not enough to get my mixer dirty, so I doubled it.
- Melt chocolate in oil on low heat.
- Stir in sugar, beat in eggs one at a time and add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients and stir into chocolate mixture.
- Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Roll in ball size of a walnut and then roll in powdered sugar.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400°.