Recipe: Andes Mint Cookies
Summary: December 8 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! Recipe from the lovely Melissa Cass. She’s one of those women that can do everything, including hula dance. She’s awesome! She says, “We love, love, love these cookies. I always plan to give some away but we would sit down and eat all of them. Everyone else seems to enjoy them. The YW start drooling before an activity even starts if they know I am bringing these. Hope you enjoy them as well.”
- ¾ cup margarine
- 1½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 Box of Andes mints, broken in half or thirds
- Cook margarine, sugar and water until margarine is melted.
- Add chips and stir until partially melted.
- Remove from heat and stir until chips are all melted.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Beat in eggs. Add dry ingredients.
- Chill dough for easier handling.
- Line baking sheets with foil.
- Drop by teaspoons onto sheets.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes in a 350° oven.
- Remove and place a piece of Andes mint on top.
- Smooth the mint once it is melted.