Recipe: Almond Melt-Aways
Summary: November 27 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! I said, “Chad, were they yummy?”. He replied, “Oh, yes. I ate 9 of them.”
- 2 cups butter
- 8 ounces powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- Powdered sugar is hard to measure accurately. For this reason, I like to measure by weight. If you hate that method, 8 ounces is roughly equivalent to 2 cups.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add sour cream, flavorings and salt. Add flour and mix well.
- Form into 1-1½” balls and place on cookie sheet. Make an indentation in the center of dough.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes.
- Prepare frosting. Divide in half, color red and green.
- Fill cookie indentation with frosting.
Makes approximately 6 dozen.