Recipe: Chocolate Lava Cakes
Summary: I had a craving. Not really a news flash. However, I needed a chocolate lava cake and I didn't have a recipe. I searched the internet, checked the contents of my pantry and this is what I came up with. Jeff thought they needed nuts. What do you think?
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Melt chocolate chips and butter. Add vanilla.
- Sift together sugar, flour and salt. Combine dry ingredients with chocolate mixture.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat batter for 5 minutes. Cover and chill 30-45 minutes.
- Butter 4 – 4 ounce ramekins and coat with cocoa. (Nice touch, don’t you think? It was Alton Brown’s idea.) Fill ramekins with chilled batter.
- Bake at 375° for 10-11 minutes. Edges of the cakes should be spongy and the insides gooey… and delicious and begging for a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I poured caramel sauce over mine. I like chocolate, but I have my limits.
Microformatting by hRecipe.