Recipe: Pear Tart Mascarpone
Summary: (Tarte aux Poires au mascarpone) I love puff pastry. You can use if for everything and it keeps in your freezer. This recipe is just for Jeff Decker. He loves stuff like this and I don't make it enough.
- 2 large pears, sliced, cored and peeled
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ of a 17.3-ounce package Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- ¼ cup peach, pear or apricot preserves
- Unfold puff pastry onto baking sheet.
- Slice, core and peel pears. Combine lemon juice and sugar and coat pear slices.
- Whisk together mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and egg. Spoon mascarpone mixture over pastry, leaving 1 ½” edge on all sides.
- Arrange pear slices over mascarpone mixture, reserving left over lemon juice.
- Fold up edges of pastry to the edge of mascarpone.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, warm preserves and reserved lemon juice. Spoon over baked tart.
Recipe: Blueberry Tarts
Summary: The all-butter crust is hard to beat!
- ½ cup cold butter
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon - ¼ c cold water
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix flour and salt together. Cut butter into mixture and hand mix until crumbly. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Place in fridge and chill.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg. Add blueberries and gently stir to coat berries. Load pie shells and dot with butter. Cover with crust. Dust with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 min.
Microformatting by hRecipe.