Recipe: Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Summary: December 19 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! I'm a lucky girl with three great sisters! They treat me with such love and I'm so grateful. This recipe comes from my oldest, most decrepit sister, Nancy. (I had to throw that in there because she likes to tell people we're twins.) Nancy is one of those sickeningly talented people that can take a pile of dryer lint and make a festive centerpiece for your Holiday table! She's no slouch in the kitchen, either. (Blech!)
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- 2¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (6-oz. pkg) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup (6-oz. pkg) White Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg) Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, shortening, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased or parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.