Recipe: Low Carb Almond Sugar Cookies
Summary: December 23 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! I've been looking for Low Carb/Low Sugar recipes since one of my boys was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. As you can imagine, this will be a tough Christmas for him, because around our house there's A LOT of high sugar/high carb treats at Christmas time! I'm hoping this will be one he enjoys. A note about baking with almond flour, these cookies will not flatten out at all. You'll need to flatten them with either the bottom of a glass or a fork. That makes them look like a traditional peanut butter cookie, which is confusing to easily confused people. For you, Scott!
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1 cup Splenda
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Additional Splenda, for decorating
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Stir together flour and Splenda. Blend in butter, egg and vanilla until well mixed.
- Form into 1-inch balls on a cookie sheet and flatten each with a fork or bottom of a glass.
- Sprinkle with additional Splenda. Bake for 8 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire racks to cool.
These are also gluten-free!