Recipe: Five Layer Bars
Summary: December 3 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! This recipe comes from the kitchen of Cassie Farley. Cassie is the sister of my sweet friend, Jamie. I’ve only met Cassie a couple times, but we could totally be friends. I love sassy girls!
- 1½ cups crushed corn flakes
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1½ cups coconut
- ½ cups chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix corn flake crumbs butter and sugar. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Layer chips, coconut and nuts evenly over crust.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes until light brown around edges.
- Let cool before cutting into bars. Cut them in small pieces, because these babies are crazy rich!