Recipe: Eggnog Cheesecake
Summary: December 17 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas. So, it's not a cookie. Sue me. This just happens to be how I spent most of the day. Ergo, it's "December 17 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas". Besides... it's super yummers. I helped a friend with a fundraiser by making desserts, and this was one of them.
- 2 cups gingersnap cookies, finely crushed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 4 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dairy eggnog
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon rum flavoring
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- For the crust: In a medium bowl stir cookie crumbs and ½ cup sugar together. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Press into 10" springform pan. Wrap outside of springform pan with foil.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Mix in sugar, beating for 2-3 minutes.
- Add flavorings and nutmeg. Add eggs, beat on low speed. Stir in eggnog.
- Pour filling into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large roasting pan. Place roasting pan in the oven and add enough hot tap water into roasting pan to come up halfway up side of springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes. Remove pan from water and place on cooling rack.
- After 15 minutes, remove foil and loosen crust from sides and allow to cool another 30 minutes.
- Remove sides of pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, flavoring and nutmeg.
- Continue to beat until firm peaks form. Garnish cheesecake with whipping cream and gingerbread cookie.
Press 1 teaspoon of crust mixture into paper lined muffin tin. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full. Bake in 325° oven for 30-35 minutes.
[caption id="attachment_769" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="I cheated and used store-bought cookies for garnish... What? I ran out of time!"][/caption]
[caption id="attachment_770" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="Perfect size cookies for garnishing the individual cheesecakes!"][/caption]