Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bakes
Summary: December 5 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! Everyone has a recipe for these, but my sweet sister-in-law, Annette Decker, gave me this one. It’s a family favorite and her recipe is the one I always go to. I think the relationship I have with my son, Andrew, is based on these cookies. My only alteration of Annette's recipe is the addition of cream of tartar. Alton Brown taught me that cream of tartar will prevent sugar crystals from forming and your cookies won't be grainy.
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 cups quick oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large pot, combine sugar, butter, milk, cocoa and cream of tartar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and allow to melt. Stir in oats and vanilla.
- Drop, by large spoonful, on waxed paper to cool.