Summary: November 30 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! We lived in Ohio for about 13 years. I loved all my neighbors and friends and miss them terribly! You can imagine how happy I was to learn that Ohio is the “Buckeye State” and there is a glorious, little candy called “Buckeyes”! Now we live in Alabama, the Yellow Hammer state. Does anyone know of a delicious candy known as “Yellow Hammers”… I didn’t think so.
- 1 – 18 ounce jar of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ pounds powdered sugar, by weight
- 1 – 2 pounds good dipping chocolate, melted
- Cream together until smooth.
- Roll into small balls and, using a toothpick, dip in chocolate.
- Place on waxed paper and allow to set.
As my daughter-in-law, Kendra, knows… I have an issue with making these “pretty”. I made her stay up way too late and help me roll these little buggers. I think she, eventually, forgave me. If you’re going to make Buckeyes and give them to your neighbors, for heaven’s sake, MAKE THEM PRETTY!!