Recipe: Almond Toffee Bars
Summary: December 20 - A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! Once upon a time there was a boy named Ben. Ben loved all things buttery and rich. He loved Almond Roca Cookie Bars. Ben's mother could only find this delicious cookie bar mix at Sam's club. Ben's mom can't find it anymore so, she came up with this recipe. Ben hasn't tried them yet, but his mom thinks they're a winner. The End.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Mix with flour and salt.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 cake pan. Bake at 350º for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with toffee bits. Bake an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and allow to melt. Spread chocolate over the surface of the cookie and sprinkle with almonds.
- Allow to cool and chocolate to set before cutting.