Recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Summary: November 26: A Cookie A Day Until Christmas! Can you ever have too many pumpkin recipes? I think not. My cute daughter-in-law, Kendra, shared this recipe with me to share with you!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350° for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
Karma's notes.... Chad proclaimed them, "Good" and added, "I think they're a 'make again'." It's a soft, cakey cookie, and I don't understand why you have to mix the baking soda with the milk. I might have to email Alton Brown.
Microformatting by hRecipe.