Recipe: Strawberry Pie! Oh My!
Summary: Jamie Savage named this pie. I miss her. Jeff and I went to their house for dinner and I brought this for dessert. First, you have to know that Jamie is an easy-to-please girl, but she and Trent went crazy over this pie. Jeff and I did, too. Jamie and I really enjoyed food together, which makes us dangerous for each other. She was also my workout buddy, so it all balanced out. Did I mention that I miss her? Given my limitations with pie crust, I’m sure I used a Pillsbury crust. So sue me.
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 – 9 inch pie shell, baked
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ - 3.4 ounce package strawberry Jell-O (approximately)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1½ - 2 cups mashed strawberries
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Spread in the bottom of the baked pie shell.
- Whisk together dry Jell-O, sugar and cornstarch. Add water and bring to a boil. Lower temp and cook until desired consistency.
- Let cool and add strawberries. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Chill thoroughly before serving and garnish with whipped cream.