Recipe: Pear Tart Mascarpone
Summary: (Tarte aux Poires au mascarpone) I love puff pastry. You can use if for everything and it keeps in your freezer. This recipe is just for Jeff Decker. He loves stuff like this and I don't make it enough.
- 2 large pears, sliced, cored and peeled
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ of a 17.3-ounce package Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- ¼ cup peach, pear or apricot preserves
- Unfold puff pastry onto baking sheet.
- Slice, core and peel pears. Combine lemon juice and sugar and coat pear slices.
- Whisk together mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and egg. Spoon mascarpone mixture over pastry, leaving 1 ½” edge on all sides.
- Arrange pear slices over mascarpone mixture, reserving left over lemon juice.
- Fold up edges of pastry to the edge of mascarpone.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, warm preserves and reserved lemon juice. Spoon over baked tart.