Recipe: Jamie's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Summary: This recipe came from my sweet, sweet friend, Jamie Savage. I love her. She’s a wife and mother of three rugrats that I love almost as much as I love my own grandbabies. I love that she loves good food as much as I do. Jamie is like a hoarder of good recipes. If you’re one of the lucky women that know Jamie, you may have a copy of “Eat Like a Savage”, a compilation of recipes from Jamie, her friends and family. I refer to it often and it helps me remember that awesome woman. My kids love this cookie and they also love Jamie!
- 1 pound butter
- 1 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups, less 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 5 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 – 12 ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 – 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, beat 2-3 minutes.
- Combine flour, salt, and soda. Gradually combine both mixtures.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°, 8 – 10 minutes.
[caption id="attachment_421" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Christy & Jamie - Christy never gave me any recipes, only sore muscles. Jamie, on the right, is fun recipe friend, who I miss like crazy!"][/caption]