Recipe: HoneyBaked Ham & Cheddar Soup
Summary: This soup is a good reason to get a HoneyBaked ham this Thanksgiving... as if you needed another reason. Really delicious when paired with Kelly's Dinner Rolls.
- 1 ham bone
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 4-5 quarts water
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, combine bone, water, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions.
- Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1½ - 2 hours.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, melt butter, stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove bone.
- Stir thickened sauce gradually into hot soup. Do not boil.
- Add cubed ham and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.